[rt-users] Faster RT via nginx? (Re: NoAuth CSS redirected ...)

Marc Chantreux mc at unistra.fr
Thu Oct 2 14:19:50 EDT 2014

hello,

Kevin, you made my day! thank you!

On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 11:00:47AM -0400, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> Have you tried the nginx config documented in RT first, before moving
> on to the custom one?
>
> http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/web_deployment.html#nginx

I have to admit i didn't ... but ...  comparing the 2 configs helped me
to catch the problem:

In my file, i wrote:

            fastcgi_param SCRIPT_NAME "";
            include fastcgi_params;

But fastcgi_params (as provided by debian) set fastcgi_param to
$fastcgi_script_name. this must be overwritten.

            include fastcgi_params;
            fastcgi_param SCRIPT_NAME "";

works fine!

> However, nginx is not my specialty, so I'm unlikely to be able to help
> debug further.

you did it so well. please note that my version use unix domains sockets
so there is no TCP overhead (it's faster and i do believe it spare
ressources).

also, i use upstream so i can add workers in the row:

upstream acme {
    server unix:/tmp/rt.acme.sock.1;
    server unix:/tmp/rt.acme.sock.2;
    server unix:/tmp/rt.acme.sock.3;
}

however, i don't know if RT can handle more than one server of the
same instance in the same machine. also, i don't know if it could help
to serve more page.

experimenting this is on my todolist but every comment is welcome.

again, thanks for helping

regards
--
Marc Chantreux,