[rt-users] Potential bug in 3.8.8?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Oct 9 12:10:40 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 09:45:24AM +0000, Anthony Swift wrote:
> I’m working with a new customer who uses RT 3.8.8 and I am trying to integrate
> with dynamics CRM as part of a sales process. I have a solution now where I can
> create a ticket using the REST API. This  returns me an ID which I wish to add
> some links to. No matter what ticket is I supply to the link post, the ticket
> is linked to ticket id 1.
>
> For example, this is the HTTP request I am sending to set the parent ticket:

Looking at what

RTDEBUG=3 /opt/rt4/bin/rt link 2 memberof 3

sends to the server, it's quite different that what you're sending.

While you might have found a bug in 3.8.8, it is out of support and
almost 5 years old. I would see what bin/rt sends on 3.8.8 and check
if it works.

https://www.bestpractical.com/rt/release-policy.html

-kevin