[rt-users] porting over Asset Tracker info to a new instance

William Clarke wclarke at simons-rock.edu
Wed Oct 15 14:08:25 EDT 2014

RT,

Little more info...

I have migrated\updated rt3 database to a fresh install of rt4.2.8. So I
can bounce back and forth between rt3 database and rt4 database with
$DatabaseName in RT_SiteConfig.pm.

rt4 database has "RT::Extension::Assets" plugin working however the
tables (rtxassets, rtxassets_id_seq, rtxcatalogs, rtxcatalogs_id_seq)
aren't populated due to this being a fresh database.

old rt3 build\database on the other hand had "RTx::AssetTracker"
installed so it has the following tables\sequences that rt4 does not
(at_assets, at_assets_id_seq, at_ips, at_ips_id_seq, at_ports,
at_ports_id_seq, at_types, at_types_id_seq)

Installing AT3.0 has given me some issues with both rt3 and rt4
database. It appears it's no longer supportd after rt4.0.0. We were
hoping you guys could shed some light on this for us. How can we migrate
our old Asset Tracker data into rt4 database or maybe get rt3 database
fully functional on 4.2.8.

Thanks,
Willie

William Clarke