[rt-users] How to move an existing database to a new server

Vas vk247 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 21 05:01:33 EDT 2014

Hi all,
I am trying to move an existing RT database (3.8.11) to a new server running
4.0.4.
I have succesfully done a dump and scp and imported the database on the new
server.
When I log in to RT via the browser I can see the database but when I try to
take a ticket I get the following error- Could not change owner: Couldn't
add member to group

Which I am assuming means that the database is actually not connected or
something else needs to happen in the back end for it to work.

I am using Ubuntu server 12.04.5 LTS on a vm machine.
I do have a snapshot of the new server prior to importing the old database
if other steps are required first prior to importing.

I would be most grateful for any input.
Having searched around on the internet I did try rt-setup-database --schema
and upgrade with no result.

Thank you
Vas