[rt-users] How to move an existing database to a new server

William Clarke wclarke at simons-rock.edu
Tue Oct 21 10:06:01 EDT 2014

Vas,

Not being familiar with Ubuntu so I don't know where your rt4 install
directory is but on CentOS\RHEL it would be /opt/rt4 so I would run
something like this: "/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-setup-database --action upgrade"

I had a database from rt 3.8.6 build and similarly did a dump \ restore
to rt 4.2.8 build. When running above command it asked me what version
am I upgrading from and it ran the necessary updates. After running the
upgrade command did you see something like the following:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In order to create or update your RT database, this script needs to
connect to your  Pg instance on localhost (port '') as root
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:
Working with:
Type:   Pg
Host:   localhost
Port:
Name:   rt4
User:   rt_user
DBA:    root
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try setting your LogLevel to debug. I'm sure it will provide some
helpful info. If you pass it along I'm confident somebody from the list
can provide further assistance besides a RT newbie like myself : )

William Clarke
ITS System Administrator
Bard College at Simon's Rock
84 Alford Road