[rt-users] rt-users] Continued Migrations Questions -

Chris Herrmann chrisherrmann7 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 22:21:27 EDT 2014

Hi Matt,

Yes you can do this on a per queue basis. My term for this is "per queue
branding" - I'm not sure if there's an official term for it. A disclaimer -
there are probably better / more efficient ways of doing this; I'm not an
expert but this is how we have it working.

So in a nutshell...

- Make sure the MTA will deliver messages for the desired addresses (e.g.
mynewqueue at mynewdomain.com --> mynewqueue ). In our case we have a forward
facing MTA, so it goes:

          mynewqueue at mynewdomain.com --> mynewqueuealias at myrthost -->
rt-mailgate

- Create your queue, put in the email addresses as you normally would for
your standard RT queue
- then create queue specific templates to override the system wide ones.
For example:

Template Name: Autoreply
Template Content: