[rt-users] Use of rt::extension::import::csv

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Thu Sep 4 12:45:43 EDT 2014

On 09/04/2014 12:27 PM, Mervini, Joseph A wrote:
> I have been trying to use the cvs import plugin/utility will no
> success. The documentation provided with the plugin in my mind is
> pretty much useless.

Patches accepted.  Are there particular parts that you found lacking?

> I sent a message to the developer yesterday
> asking whether there were any test configuration and csv files
> available that could be used to create a working model (I would
> assume that some testing was performed to verify it works), but he
> said nothing was available and recommended that I ask the list.

It is being used in production in multiple sites.  I said that there was
not aware of any _public_ examples, as I can't simply supply the
configurations for our customers.

> I have been using the script provided by the plugin and would like to
> use an external config file as opposed to sticking the requirements
> in the RT_SiteConfig.pm file. If anyone has anything they can share,
> it would be greatly appreciated.

You may be interested in the --config option to the command, then:

https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/RT-Extension-Assets-Import-CSV/bin/rt-assets-import-csv#config-file-or--c-file

 - Alex