[rt-users] Assigning HeldBy users during Asset Import

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Sep 19 11:08:58 EDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 01:04:39PM -0400, Mitch Kyser wrote:
> Ok, after double checking my csv file and running a few more tests;
>
> If there is no user in the HeldBy field then the import will add the user in
> the csv file.
>
> If the user in the csv file is different from the user already in HeldBy then
> the import will add the user so you end up with multiple users in the HeldBy
> field.
>
> If the csv user is the same as the user already in HeldBy then no change is
> made.

These all sound correct to me, and agree with what I saw of the intent
in the code.

Held By is a multi-value field, so it just adds more people to it.
Something like Owner is a single value field, so it would just be
replaced.

We need to expand the format to allow you to specify that there are
two Held By users in a single import, that's not currently supported,
but it sounds like for now at least, the two changes made could be
released as a new version of the importer.

I'll see if I can get to that next week.

I'm unlikely to have time to tackle "how to support importing multiple
people from a single field" as part of this release.

-kevin