[rt-users] newbie rt admin question

Todd Wade todd at bestpractical.com
Fri Apr 10 20:43:40 EDT 2015

On 4/10/15 5:07 PM, Karres, Dean wrote:
> I have a few queues setup.  I have the “SelfService” web interface
> setup.  I can login as an Unprivileged user and create a ticket.  I can
> send email and create a ticket.  I can not as the unPriv user, SEE my
> created ticket in self service mode.

Exactly what do you see in the UI? Do you get an error message "No
permission to view newly created ticket #XXX" ?

I can't duplicate the issue you describe with the rights below. In my
scratchpad workspace on 4.2.10 I did a 'make dropdb' and 'make initdb'.
I then logged in as root, created an unprivileged user, and went to the
Queue's group rights page (/Admin/Queues/GroupRights.html?id=1). I then
granted 'Everyone' every right in the general tab.

When I logged out and logged in as the test user, I could create a
ticket and see it fine.

Are you logging out and back in as the unprivileged user after changing
rights? Rights are cached on login, so thats my sanity check guess.
Anything jumping out in the logs?

Also note that with this rights configuration (once you get it working),
all users can see other users' tickets by just updating the URL. You'd
usually want the ShowTicket and ReplyToTicket rights to be granted to
the Requestor role, not at the system level.