[rt-users] Articles only inserting for root user

Mr. Ian Mc Naught ian.mcnaught at majancollege.edu.om
Wed Apr 22 03:09:39 EDT 2015

Hi

I've just started setting up Articles for one queue. They work fine for
root user, they can be selected from the drop down box when replying to a
ticket and they insert into the content field perfectly.

However, now I've started trying it with non-root users, and although they
can see and select the articles from the drop down box, when they select
it, nothing is inserted into the content. I have checked permissions
multiple times, and everything seems ok. The article class applies to the
relevant queue and the relevant user group has view rights for the class
and custom fields contained in the article.

When I check the rt log, I can see the following errors:

> Use of uninitialized value $formatted_article in substitution (s///) at
> /usr/share/request-tracker4/html/Articles/Elements/IncludeArticle line 90.

I only see this error after trying to insert an article as a queue user,
the message is not generated when I insert the article as root user.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Ian

--
Majan College (University College)
P.O. Box 710, Postal Code 112, Ruwi
 | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/majan.college> | Twitter
<http://twitter.com/Majan_College>*Ranked No.1 Private College in Oman -
"Oman Observer Survey Oct.2011"*

delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
Majan College (University College) therefore does not accept liability for
any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission