[rt-users] Custom Field Security

Bill Cole rtusers-20090205 at billmail.scconsult.com
Thu Aug 6 11:14:42 EDT 2015

On 4 Aug 2015, at 4:30, Joseph D. Wagner wrote:

> I would like for unprivileged users to be able to enter and view
> custom fields on the tickets they enter.
>
> I setup the custom field for Ticket and added it to a specific Queue.
> I figured out how unprivileged users can enter custom fields for
> tickets they file -- SeeCustomField and ModifyCustomField.
>
> However, after the ticket is entered, unprivileged users cannot see
> the custom field data they just entered on the
> SelfService/Display.html page.  Only privileged users can see this.
>
> How can I set this up so unprivileged users can see the custom field
> data they just entered?

Have you cleared the Mason cache?

It *seems* like you've done the needful, but *where* you set rights can
matter. I don't have the problem and I've got the rights set via
Global->Group Rights->Everyone. That may seem too loose, but our RT has
fairly tight overall control and Unprivileged users can only see the
tickets they are Requestors or CCs on.