[rt-users] multiple customers in one RT instance?

lucio at sulweb.org lucio at sulweb.org
Mon Aug 24 07:01:55 EDT 2015

Hello,

I'm new to RT and I provide my customers managed hosting for their
websites, email and other web applications.
I'd like to offer my customers a product like one RT queue each,
preconfigured to work with the required email addresses at the customer
internet domain. Each RT queue doesn't need any customization. I need
each customer to see only his queue.

I've read http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/MultipleInstances but I'd
prefer to avoid multiple RT instances, even if they shared a common
base. I think I don't really need multiple instances and I suspect I can
go with just groups and permissions, one group for each customer,
however I'm not totally sure that's a viable solution.

Is it possible to isolate each customer on his queue using a single RT
instance?