[rt-users] Question about Comments

Joe Kirby kirby at umbc.edu
Fri Dec 4 11:40:20 EST 2015

Our queues are setup to not contact the requestor on a comment via email OR to even let the requestor see the comment.

One of my power users put a comment on the ticket but included as a one-time cc someone who does not go into RT very often.

That user actually replied back to the email which then contacted the requestor with both his response and the original comment.

Is there a way to recognize an email coming back to RT as a response to a comment and suppressing any email notification etc. to the requestor?

Thanks

Joe

Joe Kirby ,  Assistant Vice President, Business Systems
Division of Information Technology (DoIT)
Support Response -   http://www.umbc.edu/doit
Administration 627
Office - 410-455-3020
Email - kirby at umbc.edu