[rt-users] Problem with attachments

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 4 10:16:33 EST 2015

On Wed, 4 Feb 2015 11:43:23 +0000 Guadagnino Cristiano
<guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it> wrote:
> I disabled CustomFieldsOnUpdate by commenting out the
> "Plugin('RT::Extension::CustomFieldsOnUpdate');" line in
> RT_SiteConfig.pm, then I stopped Apache, cleared the mason cache, and
> restarted Apache.
>
> I tested resolving a ticket adding an attachment, but had the same
> behavior as before.
>
> I then also disabled the "Announce" extension by following the same
> procedure, but still I had no success.
>
> Those are the only two extensions I added recently (other extensions
> are loaded but they have been there for years).
>
> Is it sufficient to disable the extensions by commenting them out in
> the RT_Siteconfig.pm file or should I completely uninstall them? If
> so, how do I do it?

Removing the Plugin line should mostly suffice; removing the files from
disk does no better.  Fully removing a plugin requires backing out
database contents that relay on it, (like the RTAnnounce) queue, but
that's not relevant for this test.
 - Alex