[rt-users] Upgrade fail

Joshua Lansford joshua.lansford at laserlinc.com
Fri Feb 6 07:05:51 EST 2015

Hello.
  I am trying to upgrade from 3.8.11 to stable and make upgrade-database is
bombing.  The error message is
=====
9449] [Thu Feb  5 19:23:36 2015] [critical]: DBD::mysql::db
selectcol_arrayref failed: Unknown column 'main.Lifecycle' in 'field list'
at /usr/local/share/perl/5.18.2/DBIx/SearchBuilder.pm line 635.
(/home/user/temp/rt/sbin/../lib/RT.pm:388)
DBD::mysql::db selectcol_arrayref failed: Unknown column 'main.Lifecycle'
in 'field list' at /usr/local/share/perl/5.18.2/DBIx/SearchBuilder.pm line
635.
make: *** [upgrade-database] Error 255
=====

I setup a fresh vm for this job to test.  I was able to set up RT from
stable just fine without an upgrade.  So then I dropped that rt4 database,
deleted the /opt/rt4 install folder, dumped the rtdb old database to a sql
file.  Copied the sql dump over to the vm.  Imported it as rt4.  Did make
upgrade to recreate the rt4 folder.  Configured the database user and
password in RT_SiteConfig.pm.  Granted permissions to the rt4 user with
that password to the rt4 folder and hit make upgrade-database.  After
giving the root mysql password the above error is presented.

Assistance at this point would be appreciated.  Let me know what additional
information I can provide.
Thank you,
~Joshua