[rt-users] Restoring from backup -> admins lost privileges

Andrew Wippler Andrew.Wippler at lancasterbaptist.org
Fri Feb 13 02:04:03 EST 2015

I had to restore my MySQL database from a backup. Once I restored the RT database, the privileged users no longer had rights.

I found the below snippets to remove/add super user to my account and verify privileged users, but they are stuck in self-service mode. How do I get the rights returned back to normal?

Granting rights:
perl -I/usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/ -MRT -e'RT::LoadConfig; RT::Init;
  my $u=RT::User->new($RT::SystemUser);
  $u->Load("awippler");
  ($val,$msg) = $u->PrincipalObj->GrantRight(Object=> $RT::System, Right => "SuperUser");
  print "$msg\n"'

Finding privilege users: (my account is listed)
#!/usr/bin/perl
use lib "/usr/share/request-tracker4/lib";
use RT;
use RT::Users ;
use warnings;
RT::LoadConfig(); ## Loading RT config
RT::Init(); ## Initialise RT

my $users = new RT::Users(RT_System);
$users->LimitToPrivileged;

while ( $user = $users->Next) {
print $user->Name ;
}
exit;

Andrew Wippler | Director of IT | Lancaster Baptist Church | Dr. Paul Chappell, Pastor