[rt-users] Upgrade of RT

Alex Peters alex at peters.net
Thu Jan 15 17:16:21 EST 2015

Perform a mysqldump of the old database, and import it into a new location
as is.

Follow the instructions included with RT for a new installation, ignoring
the database steps.

Add the new database connection details to your new installation's
RT_SiteConfig.pm file (ensuring that the $DatabaseAdmin value is set
appropriately).

Run sbin/rt-setup-database from the root of the new RT installation with
the appropriate options (including "--action upgrade").  See "--help".

When I upgrade, I tend to follow the steps above rather than upgrading in
place like RT's instructions suggest.