[rt-users] RT eats table-tags in html-emails

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Fri Jan 16 09:10:53 EST 2015

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 06:49:05AM -0700, vinz wrote:
> RT is pruning the table, td and tr -tags from emails when you look at them at
> the Ticket/Display.html -page, is there a way to stop RT from doing this?
>
> I tried enabling Rich text (HTML) in my preferences and looked at
> \share\html\Elements\ShowMessageStanza but I'm just a beginner when it comes
> to perl.
>
> I'm currently on RT 4.2.6 and use apache, mod_fcgi and nginx as a reverse
> proxy.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> vinz

Hi Vinz,

You need to adjust the allowed tags in the HTML::Scrubber object by adding a
Web_Local.pm:

https://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.2/RT/Interface/Web.html

Here is what I am using because I wanted to allow the tables to have colors:

----------------
package HTML::Mason::Commands;
# Let tables through
push @SCRUBBER_ALLOWED_TAGS, qw(TABLE THEAD TBODY TFOOT TR TD TH);
# Allow bgcolor to be set
$SCRUBBER_ALLOWED_ATTRIBUTES{bgcolor} = '^\s*\#[a-fA-F0-9]{3,6}\s*';
1;

Make sure to set the option in your RT_SiteConfig.pm

Set($TrustHTMLAttachments, 1);

I think that is all I needed to do. Then restart after clearing your Mason
cache.

Regards,
Ken