[rt-users] problem in RT

Alex Peters alex at peters.net
Sun Jan 18 05:43:53 EST 2015

To change the HTML of the Login page:

   1. Copy share/html/Elements/Login.html to
   local/share/html/Elements/Login.html.
   2. Modify local/share/html/Elements/Login.html as desired.
   3. Clean the Mason cache
   <http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/CleanMasonCache> and restart RT to
   see your changes.

To make an RT user "privileged," log into RT as a superuser (such as
"root") and tick the "Let this user be granted rights (Privileged)" option
for the user to be privileged (Admin > Users > Select > user).

Note that RT user rights/privileges and UNIX permissions are different
things.  As such, you should not be giving your RT_SiteConfig.pm file
executable permissions.