[rt-users] RT filter for outgoing mail

Sternberger, Sven sven.sternberger at desy.de
Thu Jan 22 05:41:59 EST 2015

Hello!

we migrated from 3.8.7 to 4.2.9 and see that the way RT handles
email adresses from queues changed.

In 3.8.7 a a mail address was removed when there was match with the
RTAddressRegexp or the the address was configured in the
queue.

This still happen in 4.2.9 but now the outgoing mail
is also filtered. But we configured our mail system
especially to handle mails from one queue to another,
so we don't want this filter

So is it okay to create a file SendEmail_Local.pm and remove these lines

    $self->RecipientFilter(
        Callback => sub {
            return unless RT::EmailParser->IsRTAddress( $_[0] );
            return "$_[0] appears to point to this RT instance. Skipping";
        },
        All => 1,
    );

regards!