[rt-users] [rt-devel] Issue with setting Custom Statuses, Added statuses do not see any other statuses.

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Thu Jul 9 10:17:11 EDT 2015

Hi Ashley,

Configuration questions are best sent to rt-users. [Done]

Comments inline.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 4:54 AM, Ashley Etherington
<migetismad at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone.
>
> We have decided that instead of using a Sub-Status custom field, that we
> would add all of our statuses to the main built in RT Ticket status.  The
> first initial pass appears to work but when we use one of the new statuses,
> we are unable to select any other status.

Okay.

> For example if I set the status to 'Awaiting Parts' and submit the form,
> The only status I can then set it to is 'Awaiting Status'.

A few comments.

1) Start with the default lifecycle and make small changes to it. You
should be able to find your issue.

2) From what I can see in your "transitions" hash, there is no key of
"Awaiting Parts". Thus there are no valid transitions for that status
to change to. I'm not sure how "Awaiting Status" is showing up.

3) I just read on rt-user that there is a 25 character limit for
status names. If that is true, then you are running into that wall as
well.

Cheers!

-m