[rt-users] about signatures

Eierschmalz, Bernhard Bernhard.Eierschmalz at scheppach.com
Mon Jun 1 05:46:05 EDT 2015

Hello Alex,

thanks for your detailed mail. I have one idea to fix the position of signature, but for this I need to know one point of configuration.

You wrote:
I don't have an easy answer for moving the quoted text beneath the signature.  As a desperate measure, your template could try to detect the beginning of quoted text and truncate all content after it.  There might be a big risk of truncating actual non-quoted content though.

This was the basic for my idea.
My idea is to split the {$Transaction->Content()} part into 2 pieces:

1.       Until “on <date> <name> wrote”

2.       After “on <date> <name> wrote”

With this splitting I will be able to place the signatures between the 2 parts.

But to provide a stable splitting, I would like to change the syntax of “on … … wrote” into some clearly syntax (e.g. with entering a new line with “_” before the “on <date> <name> wrote” line)
Can you tell me how to do this?

Best regards
Bernhard