[rt-users] Configuring fetchmail to poll emails to respective queues.

Alex Vandiver alex at chmrr.net
Thu Jun 4 15:38:26 EDT 2015

On Thu, 4 Jun 2015 12:31:57 +0000 Bob Shaker
<rshaker at ARDENCOMPANIES.COM> wrote:
> You don’t need 2 separate emails for those fields. Our instance works
> fine with the same email in both fields.

This isn't a good idea, though it does _work_.  The problem is when
someone records a comment, and it gets sent out just to your company --
but "From" the one address you have set.  When some well-meaning person
replies to that mail, it will come into the address RT uses for
correspondence -- and then the end-user will get the information that
you intended to be a comment.  This is at best confusing, and at worst
horribly embarrassing.
 - Alex