[rt-users] Notification sent to requestor even when squelched

Alex Vandiver alex at chmrr.net
Mon Jun 22 13:46:58 EDT 2015

On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 19:10:50 +0200 Marcos Orallo <m_orallo at yahoo.es>
wrote:
> I manage an RT 4.2.11 deployment using Debian Wheezy, Apache 2.2,
> mod_fcgid
>
> Today we had a very concerning issue regarding a notification being
> sent to a requestor even when it had been explicitly unchecked in the
> recipients list. At first I didn't believe the user, but then I found
> this in the log:
> [snip]

There's a 47-second interval between the first and the second of
those.  Can you show the full log of everything between them?  My guess
is that the first one was a "dry run" to list the potential recipients,
and the second was the actual submission.  This would explain the
different process IDs, as well as the different behaviors.

> You can see that the requestor address was unchecked, but he was
> notified anyway. The notificatoin script uses a custom condition to
> just send the notification when using the web interface, with the
> possibility of squelching recipients manually. The default behaviour
> (implicit notification to all requestors even for correspondence by
> mail) was confusing for my team mates.

Your wording is confusing.  Is this jut the stock "Notify Requestor and
Ccs" action, with a custom condition?
 - Alex