[rt-users] RT 4.2.10: Renumber imported tickets

Jeffrey Pilant jeffrey.pilant at bayer.com
Fri Jun 26 13:52:45 EDT 2015

I am trying to import data from RT 3.8.4 into RT 4.2.10.
I first tried to update in place, but that failed.  [Ancient version of Ubuntu (9.10, current LTS 14) with ancient Perl and ancient Apache.]
I next did a clean install on SUSE (12.2, 64bit), which worked.
Now I need to add the old data.
I updated the old database by the following steps:
            make upgrade-database
            /opt/rt4/etc/upgrade/upgrade-articles
            /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-validator -check
            /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-serializer
            /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-importer <ExportedDataDirectory>
This loaded the data, but changed the ticket numbers.
How can I get the back to what they were?  [Should be no conflicts, but I can handle that separately.]

I am running RT on MySQL, and can handle SQL based changes fine.
The sbin/rt interface is currently eluding me, as is the perl code interface.

If anyone has a complete relationship diagram, I would appreciate it.
Best I have found is:
            http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/File:Rt4-schema-relationships.svg

/jeff

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or
legally privileged.  Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not
constitute a waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in
error, please do not directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward,
or disclose any part of this message.  Please also delete this e-mail
and all copies and notify the sender.  Thank you.

For alternate languages please go to http://bayerdisclaimer.bayerweb.com