[rt-users] RT 4.2.10: Renumber imported tickets

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 26 15:12:50 EDT 2015

On 26-6-2015 19:52, Jeffrey Pilant wrote:

> I am trying to import data from RT 3.8.4 into RT 4.2.10.
>
> I first tried to update in place, but that failed.  [Ancient version
> of Ubuntu (9.10, current LTS 14) with ancient Perl and ancient Apache.]
>
> I next did a clean install on SUSE (12.2, 64bit), which worked.
>
> Now I need to add the old data.
>
> I updated the old database by the following steps:
>
>             make upgrade-database
>
>             /opt/rt4/etc/upgrade/upgrade-articles
>
>             /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-validator –check
>
>             /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-serializer
>
>             /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-importer <ExportedDataDirectory>

You can import a mysql export from the old version into the new database
and then follow the upgrade instruction.
So:
- install new system, install RT according to the installation manual if
you want to check if all is functional also run make initdb. If that
works, make dropdb, import the old data and following the upgrade
instructions paying attention to the fact that you're using mysql. My
memory says that you need some additional steps besides make
upgrade-database.

Joop