[rt-users] Option to Emulate another RT user from SuperUser

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Thu Nov 12 13:33:04 EST 2015

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 12:23 PM, Joe Kirby <kirby at umbc.edu> wrote:
> At time some folks on campus report that RT is slow for them.
>
> I try to create a test user with the same access but this does not always
> help me because they may have a lot of tickets or a dashboard item/report
> that I cannot emulate.

I wouldn't try to recreate the user that is experiencing slowness. I
would try to work with that person.

> Does RT have any built-in mechanism for SuperUser to do such a thing.

I would start off by enabling query execute time logging. Search the
internet for "slow query logging" and your database and you'll get the
instructions for enabling the logging.

> We use single sign on and thus I am unable to override that.

We use SSO and if you wanted to side step that, there are mechanisms.

-m