[rt-users] Trouble/Error with Web deployment httpd/apache/mod_fcgid

dwdixon dwdixon at umich.edu
Mon Nov 23 11:02:05 EST 2015

I've installed RT/RT-IR and been using it to test by executing rt-server in
stand alone "mode", however I need to get RT/RT-IR working with httpd/apache
and after looking through all the documentation and being overwhelmed by far
too many options it seems that the best fit for me is to use mod-fcgid.  I'm
running CentOS on httpd/apache 2.4.6 and RT 4.2.12 currently......I've
followed the the documentation here:

https://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.2/web_deployment.html#mod_fcgid

I've added the FcgidMaxRequestLen & FcgidBusyTimeout settings *see configs
below*....but when I start httpd and attempt to browse to RT in my web
browser I get Internal Server Error 500 and this in the apache/httpd
logs...I'm stuck at this point...I'm not an Apache/httpd configuration
expert especially when modules are involved so I would GREATLY appreciate
any and all help:

Can't locate UNIVERSAL/require.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/opt/rt4/sbin/../local/lib /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib /usr/local/lib64/perl5
/usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at
/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT.pm line 60.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT.pm line 60.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi line 86.

# Contents of:  /etc/httpd/conf.d/rt.conf

<VirtualHost rt-ir-dev.xx.xx.xx.edu>
        ### Optional apache logs for RT
        # Ensure that your log rotation scripts know about these files
        # ErrorLog /opt/rt4/var/log/apache_access
        # TransferLog /opt/rt4/var/log/apache_access
        # LogLevel info

        AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

        ScriptAlias / /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi/

        DocumentRoot "/opt/rt4/share/html"
        <Location />

            Require all granted

            Options +ExecCGI
            AddHandler fcgid-script fcgi
        </Location>
</VirtualHost>
# Contents of /etc/httpd/conf.d/fcgid.conf

 # This is the Apache server configuration file for providing FastCGI
support
# through mod_fcgid
#
# Documentation is available at
# http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/mod/mod_fcgid.html

# Use FastCGI to process .fcg .fcgi & .fpl scripts
AddHandler fcgid-script fcg fcgi fpl

# Sane place to put sockets and shared memory file
FcgidIPCDir /run/mod_fcgid
FcgidProcessTableFile /run/mod_fcgid/fcgid_shm

# Increase maximum request size per RT/RT-IR docs:
# https://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.2/web_deployment.html#mod_fcgid
# *- added by me*

FcgidMaxRequestLen 1073741824

# Increase script execution timeout duration *- added by me*
FcgidBusyTimeout 600

Thank you!

-Drew