[rt-users] Trouble/Error with Web deployment httpd/apache/mod_fcgid

Bill Cole rtusers-20090205 at billmail.scconsult.com
Mon Nov 30 14:08:44 EST 2015

On 30 Nov 2015, at 12:23, dwdixon wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> I am not seeing anything in my apache error log regarding the config
> line
> you've highlighted here, I obtained all the contents of my
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/rt.conf file from the RT documentation  here
> <https://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.2/web_deployment.html#mod_fcgid>
> I must not be inferring what you're hinting at perhaps?
>
> It still seems as though apache/httpd is just not picking up my
> rt.conf file
> in the conf.d directory since it seems it's still trying to serve the
> content from the default directory in the default httpd.conf
> (/var/www/html/)

My mistake: I thought it was showing you /opt/rt4/share/html/index.html,
which would have indicated that your rt.conf was being read but the
ScriptAlias line not working. Anything that could cause that would
normally cause Apache to complain, either during its startup or when a
suitable URL was requested.

> any idea's on what may be causing that?

If you're seeing /var/www/html/ as the document root, that implies
Apache isn't recognizing the URL you're giving it as mapping to the
virtual host you've defined in rt.conf.

Try running "httpd -S" (basically: a summary of Apache's parsed
configuration) and see what it says about virtual hosts. My first guess
would be that you need a ServerName directive inside the VirtualHost
block in rt.conf, but it could be a missing Include directive in the
main httpd.conf, incomplete DNS setup, or probably other things I
haven't thought of.