[rt-users] RT creates CLOSE_WAITS

Bill Cole rtusers-20090205 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri Oct 30 17:34:06 EDT 2015

On 30 Oct 2015, at 3:48, Asanka Gunasekera wrote:

> Hi thank you for the reply, I am using mod_perl
> 2.0.9

I suggest switching to mod_fastcgi or mod_fcgid as a first step. I use
mod_fastcgi because my RT instances all have long legacies, but on a
newly-built system mod_fcgid is probably a better choice because it is
still being maintained.

I don't suggest that because I know of a specific problem in the current
RT & mod_perl, but because 3 times over many years & RT versions I've
tried to stand up fresh RT instances using mod_perl (because it should
in principle be more efficient) and every time I've retreated to FastCGI
  after running into some problem I couldn't figure out and which simply
didn't happen with FastCGI. I know a lot of people run RT with mod_perl
so it CAN be done, but when it doesn't work the diagnostic process is
daunting.

If there's some reason you really want to stick with mod_perl, you
should investigate troubleshooting tactics for mod_perl, which include a
way to load it with a Perl debugger.