[rt-users] forwarding correspondence lacks important data in headers

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Tue Sep 8 04:05:17 EDT 2015

On Tuesday 08 of September 2015, Alex Vandiver wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 08:56:53AM +0200, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > rt 4.2.12, scenario - there is a ticket, user enters new correspondence
> > via web interface which is send via email to requestor.
> >
> > Then user clicks "forward" near that correspondence and forwards it to
> > third email address /  third person.
> >
> > Unfortunately that email sent to third person is lacking important
> > information. It lacks From, To, Subject headers in attached forwarded
> > message.
>
> This should have been fixed in 4.2.10:
>   https://bestpractical.com/release-notes/rt/4.2.10
>
> https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/commit/134a478be1b63ca418380fc355923ea
> 849812bfa
>
> Are you still seeing a lack of such headers for tickets created since
> your upgrade to 4.2.12?  Tickets created _prior_ to an upgrade to
> 4.2.10 will still lack the headers in their Create transactions, of
> course.

I've checked forwarding of a single correspondence (one correspondence entry,
not entire ticket) where ticket and that correspondence was created on 4.2.12.
Unfortunately the problem persist - headers are missing information.

How to reproducte:
- create ticket via web UI
- add correspondence with some text and attach pdf file to it; via web UI)
- click forward near that correspondence (we want to forward only that one
correspondence entry, not entire ticket); again via web UI
- enter some email address

"email address" receives message with missing headers.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / ( maven.pl | pld-linux.org )