[rt-users] forwarding correspondence lacks important data in headers

Alex Vandiver alex at chmrr.net
Tue Sep 8 03:39:57 EDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 03:35:46AM -0400, Alex Vandiver wrote:
> > I would expect to see proper From, To, Subject, Date (like in original
> > correspondence) and possibly other headers, too. Also there is incorrect
> > Content-Length in it.
>
> Hm -- the content-length problem doesn't seem to be replicated on
> issues.bestpractical.com.  Are you seeing it with a vanilla 4.2.12
> install?

Wait, the content-length of a multipart/mixed part should indeed be
0 -- it itself has no content.  It is the sub-parts that have
content.  Arguably Content-Length should be entirely omitted on
multipart/* parts, but its presence is unlikely to cause
interoperability concerns.

But that does beg the question -- are you seeing the headers bug only
on multipart/mixed messages?  How are you creating them via the web
UI, by adding attachments?
 - Alex