[rt-users] 'Started' not being set when ticket status changes from 'New' -> 'xxx'

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Fri Sep 11 15:55:47 EDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 10:48:12AM -0500, ktm at rice.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am debugging a problem where the 'Started' Date is not being
> set when the ticket status changes from 'new' to 'open' or 'resolved'.
> I found the code for when the 'Started' date is set using 'SetStarted()'
> that changes the status from 'new' to 'open', but not the code setting
> the 'Started' field when the status changes. Can someone give me a
> pointer or an idea about where to look?
>
> Regards,
> Ken

Just to follow-up. I made a global scrip to set the 'Started' date field
when it is un-set and the transaction is a status change from 'new' to
either 'open' or 'resolved'. I thought that this was handled by RT internally
when the status changed from 'new' but I could not find any place in the code
that handled it.

Regards,
Ken