[rt-users] Output contents of Custom field via command line

Yourevilness slicer at onthenet.com.au
Thu Sep 24 00:23:09 EDT 2015

Hello,  RT 4.2.11 on Centos 6

I'm trying to generate a list of all unresolved tickets via command line and
output the contents of a custom field value to a log file.  I have another
system checking this log file to verify the contents.

Without going too far into the requirements.  Is there any way to do this?

I've tried RT-Crontool (Via Mysql), RT CLI queries etc. I can find the
tickets ID but cannot extract the correct information I am after.

CLI - /opt/rt4/bin/rt list -i "status != 'resolved' AND (Queue =
'Operations')"
#This gives me a list of the tickets.
/opt/rt4/bin/rt show -t ticket 265550 -f 'CF.{A Number}'
#This gives me the contents of the custom field called "A number"

I cannot seem to combine them into one command.

Likewise with rt-crontool... I can gather the necessary ticket ID's but
cannot get any further information.

I am aware of the REST interface and its ability to do what I am after, but
I've not had much luck with it creating issues with the Mysql process.