[rt-users] Adding ticket "Description" to the top of the page

Parish, Brent bparish at cognex.com
Tue Dec 6 09:14:51 EST 2016

Total shot in the dark here, but one idea might be to create a custom field (of type: “text”), and copy the initial request into that upon ticket creation (via a  Scrip).
You could probably truncate the text to keep it fairly small, with a “more” link that hyperlinks to the initial question.  To do this, I’m betting you would need to run the Scrip in batch mode though, so you would have access to the new ticket number and transaction id (e.g. http://rt.example.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=41408#txn-1989052)
If you wanted to get really fancy, you could look into incorporating a gist-ing routine instead of merely truncating – that would be very [geeky] cool!

-          Brent