[rt-users] bug in rt-mailgate

Parish, Brent bparish at cognex.com
Mon Feb 1 11:53:36 EST 2016

I think if you leave a few blank lines at the top of the email it should be ok.

I ran into this when people forwarded email but added no extra lines, so the Command-by-mail extension would intepret “From: someone at mail.com<mailto:someone at mail.com>” at the top of the email body as a command.

Unless someone has better ideas, you could also edit RT-Extension-CommandByMail/lib/RT/Interface/Email/Filter/TakeAction.pm
        Somewhere around line 228, add this:
                last if $line =~ /^(from:)/i;
    (or in your case, replace the “from:” with “ip:”)

-          Brent