[rt-users] Ticket_Overlay/Attachment_Overlay->Import for 4.x?

Curtis Bruneau curtisb at vianet.ca
Tue Feb 9 17:10:00 EST 2016

Has anyone tried to port the 'Import' methods in the old 3.x
Ticket_Overlay.pm, and Attachment_Overlay.pm to RT 4.x? (4.2.x here).

I understand the new way to do overlays are to use Ticket_Local.pm or
Attachment_Local.pm file names.

I'm going to try copying over the methods and dependent methods. I'm
just curious if anyone has tried to do this before. I'm trying to use an
export/import script that uses those methods. There's also Create
methods in the _Overlay.pm that is a bit concerning as it appears to
overlay the ones in Ticket.pm/Attachment.pm. I'm currently in a
development environment and will likely only use it temporarily when
doing the import so it doesn't need to work with a running web RT.

Thanks for your time,

Curtis