[rt-users] Insert article on ticket reply or comment

sandik sandi.kuzma at halcom.si
Wed Feb 10 08:35:32 EST 2016

Hi All,

we encountered problem assigning article when replying or commenting on
ticket.
Same procedure works OK when new ticket is created.

On ticket create we're able to chose topic from dropdown "Choose from Topics
in /Queue/". Then another dropdown ("Select an Article from /Topic/")
appears with articles you can chose from. When you select it article
contents is written in text box below.

When reply or comment on existing ticket everything is the same as described
above with only difference that selected article doesn't appear in text box
(page also reloads when article is chosen as on create but article contents
is not there).

Same behavior is with "include article" field. On create ticket it inserts
article in text box on reply or comment not.

First we tried with RT version 4.2.12 then we upgraded to 4.4 but the
problem remains.

We tried with "root" user (full access) and privileged user no difference.

In RT_SiteConfig.pm we added these two lines:
Set($ArticleOnTicketCreate, 1);
Set($HideArticleSearchOnReplyCreate, 0);

I hope I was clear enough where is problem.

Best Regards,
Sandi