[rt-users] Cookie-based auth works, but takes me to login page

dwdixon dwdixon at umich.edu
Wed Feb 10 16:33:46 EST 2016

Hi there, did anyone ever respond to this post off list?  I am having a very
similar issue and am just wondering if there is a proper configuration guide
(or if someone could walk me through it or provide a working example) on how
to enable SSO to pass the external authentication cookie to RT and take the
user directly into their specific account within RT?

I did not see much detail at these links specific to "My_SSO_Cookie":

https://metacpan.org/pod/RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
https://metacpan.org/pod/RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::DBI::Cookie

This second link shows sort of an example that is somewhat useful
(immediately below) but I'm just wondering if anyone could provide an
example with some of the "default" values filled in here related to the RT
database/tables?  I'm concerned with the second My_MySQL parameter and how
to populate that but I'm most concerned the cookie parameters c_table,
c_field, c_match_key ... is this inferring that the RT database should have
this information or am I way off base?

Set($ExternalSettings, { # An example SSO cookie service 'My_SSO_Cookie' =>
{ 'type' => 'cookie', 'name' => 'loginCookieValue', 'u_table' => 'users',
'u_field' => 'username', 'u_match_key' => 'userID', 'c_table' =>
'login_cookie', 'c_field' => 'loginCookieValue', 'c_match_key' =>
'loginCookieUserID', 'db_service_name' => 'My_MySQL' }, 'My_MySQL' => { ...
}, } );

I would be extremely grateful if someone were to show a redacted full
working example of this configuration!

Thank you much