[rt-users] Cookie-based auth works, but takes me to login page

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Wed Feb 10 17:47:21 EST 2016

*CAVEAT* I've never used this module.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 3:33 PM, dwdixon <dwdixon at umich.edu> wrote:
> Hi there, did anyone ever respond to this post off list?  I am having a very
> similar issue and am just wondering if there is a proper configuration guide
> (or if someone could walk me through it or provide a working example) on how
> to enable SSO to pass the external authentication cookie to RT and take the
> user directly into their specific account within RT?
>
> I did not see much detail at these links specific to "My_SSO_Cookie":
>
> https://metacpan.org/pod/RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
> https://metacpan.org/pod/RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::DBI::Cookie
>
> This second link shows sort of an example that is somewhat useful
> (immediately below) but I'm just wondering if anyone could provide an
> example with some of the "default" values filled in here related to the RT
> database/tables?  I'm concerned with the second My_MySQL parameter and how
> to populate that

There is a link at the bottom of the
https://metacpan.org/pod/RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::DBI::Cookie docs.
I've pasted it below for convenience:

https://metacpan.org/pod/RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::DBI

 but I'm most concerned the cookie parameters c_table,
> c_field, c_match_key ... is this inferring that the RT database should have
> this information or am I way off base?

>From looking at the configs, I believe something other than RT is
giving the browser a cookie and placing that cookie value into a
database.

RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::DBI::Cookie is just the glue between RT and
that authenticating service.

-m