[rt-users] Notify Owner on Resolve not notifying the owner

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 14:56:24 EST 2016

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe at d.umn.edu> wrote:

> Hi Asif,
>
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am using this scrip, but it does not notify the owner at resolve

> > Condition: On Resolve
> > Action: Notify Owner
> > Template: Global Template: Resolved
> > Stage: TransactionCreate
> >
> > I own the ticket and I do have valid email address. But when I resolve
> the
> > ticket I get No recipients found.
>
> Yep. If you turned up the logging it would probably tell you that you
> are the "actor" of the transaction.
>
> https://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.0/RT_Config.html#NotifyActor
>
> With "Notify *" actions, the actor of a transaction won't get
> notified. However "Autoreply *" will fire to its recipient list
> regardless of actor.
>
> -m

Hi All,

With Matt's help I were able to create a custom ScripAction 'Autoreply to
Owner' and use that action to notify the owner.

I used http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/WriteCustomAction as a guide as
well.

So I created a dir local/lib/RT/Action and copy lib/RT/Action/Autoreply.pm
in this directory as AutoreplyToOwner.pm and renamed the package line
accordingly. And under SetRecipients subroutine changed the push line to
following to get owners email address

  push(@{$self->{'To'}}, $self->TicketObj->OwnerAsString);

Then registered this module to DB as explained in
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/AddDatabaseRecords.

Now this shows up as one of the Action under Scrip.

I tested and it works perfectly.

Thanks again to Matt!

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu