[rt-users] A few Op's questions from a new user
mdiehlenator at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 16:59:29 EST 2016
I've recently started using RT. I chose it because it was written in Perl (as
is the rest of my system) and had a lot of integration and extension hooks.
I have it setup to automatically create users if they send email to the
My eventual goals are:
1. Allow my customers to manage their tickets from the web.
2. Be able to send my customers a monthly ticket summary.
3. Completely integrate RT with my normal Ops.
So, here are my questions:
1. I would like to (somehow) keep my customer database in sync with the RT
user database. However, my db only has the customer information; each
customer might have multiple users as identified by email address. I don't
want to do a lot of double data entry, but I don't mind coding.
2. When I stall a ticket, I'd like to be able to set the due date at that
time. Right now, I do that as a separate step. Can this be changed?
3. If a customer opens a ticket but requests several things, what is the best
way to track the progress of those tasks individually? I see that I should be
able to create associated tickets, but I don't see/understand how those get
related and updated. I would love some comments on how others manage this.
Thanks for your time and I look forward to your comments.
Diehlnet Communications, LLC.
Voice: (505) 903-5700
Fax: (505) 903-5701
More information about the rt-users