[rt-users] How to sync translations?

Alex Vandiver alex at chmrr.net
Wed Jul 27 05:00:00 EDT 2016

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 10:53:04 -0700 (MST)
fleon <fleon at seguroscatatumbo.com> wrote:
> I have my own spanish translation (which i uploaded today in launchpad). It's
> about 99% complete. But today i upgraded to 4.4.1 and lost my changes (i did
> backup it first).

Looks like there were failures importing your changes:
https://translations.launchpad.net/rt/4.4/+imports
Namely, line 5997 has an extra " at end of line.

Fix those up and re-upload.  Once that imports, you can export the
translations (see below) and look for new untranslated strings.

> What method should i use to put my file back and know which new lines need
> translating, if any? Are all new strings at the bottom of the file?

The .po file is sorted alphabetically.

> I tried using diff but since the line numbers in the comments changed it
> shows up too many changes. Perhaps some script-fu to ignore all lines with
> comments?

If you export the translations from Launchpad as a tarball from
https://translations.launchpad.net/rt/4.4/+export , it will email you a
link.  Pass that link to:

    devel/tools/rt-message-catalog rosetta the-url-from-email-here

...and it will merge in the translations from Launchpad into your local
share/po/*.po files, preferring translations from launchpad but leaving
any new local translations.

 - Alex