[rt-users] remove large attachments and replace with download link

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Tue Jun 7 17:33:39 EDT 2016

Le 07/06/2016 à 23:23, Hugo Escobar a écrit :
> We need to give our users the possibility of receiving large files (say
>> 10MB)
>
> Knowing the attachment size limit all email services impose, we thought
> there should be a way to tell RT to replace large attachments with a
> download
> link when constructing the email message allowing the user to access those
> files.
>
> I've been searching the internet to no avail.

Have a look at this plugin I just made:

http://search.cpan.org/~elacour/RT-Extension-AttachmentFilter-0.01/

It does not do what you ask for, but it can help you to understand the
process and now some usefull callbacks.

To my knowledge, nobody as done this, but I'm sure it's possible to do
it cleanly.

Be careful there is code change on file upload between RT 4.2 and 4.4, I
still did not work on 4.4 code (but will do soon ...).