[rt-users] disable url links in ticket history

Shawn Moore shawn at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 25 05:40:03 EDT 2016

On 2016年3月25日 at 18:32:36, user1437 at qet.be (user1437 at qet.be) wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi U,

> Does anyone know if it is possible, or a good way to go to disable the links in the ticket
> history.
> I clarify:
> We get a lot of tickets where people send us phishing mails they received or mails containing
> a possible malicious url to analyse.
> What we like to do is implement something that those urls in the history are "not clickable”
> so that nobody of the first line handlers can incidentally get infected.

The automatic linking in the ticket history is done by a feature called MakeClicky. It was designed so that you can add your own parser to augment text in other ways too, not limited to just hyperlinking urls (or for that matter, “just” hyperlinking). The example in our documentation makes “ticket #xyz” into clickable links. But, the way it’s implemented allows you to turn it off completely with the following config:

    Set(@Active_MakeClicky, qw());

See https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.0/extending/clickable_links.html for more information.

> kind regards,

Cheers,