[rt-users] Alternative GUIs for RT?

akos.torok at docca.hu akos.torok at docca.hu
Thu Mar 31 11:44:55 EDT 2016

Hi Vegard,

We had a plan for a similar goal:
http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2014-March/083068.html

We had and have not enough knowledge to use the new REST interface, so we
couldn't reach the original goal, but we made a lot of small ajax
implementations:

- we have a Results.html with all the fields is editable in the ticket
list, so the user could modify all the data (the columns) without
clicking-getting-diving into the ticket, and diving deeper into the
particular sub-page or jumbo (basics, dates, etc).

​
- a TicketSimple.html, just the necessary data

- we've changed the Ticket.html header, almost every field (custum and
default) field is ajax editable, no need to move to jumbo or so. Like this:

​

These are running on RT3.8, some of them on 4.2, we don't know yet how
those work on 4.4.

We don't know if our coding style and quality is okay for RT or not, and we
are not familiar how to share this plugins on github or so. So we use these
in house, but we could give you access to our test system, you can try it,
and if you find useful we could send you the code for 3.8 (and the 4.2 as
well but it is not in everyday use).

Bests,

Ákos