[rt-users] RT-Extension-CommandByMail <- I can't update tickets by mail

Chris McClement chrisis at bosberaad.com
Thu May 19 17:43:16 EDT 2016

Thanks Jim, that solved it!

For completeness, I did run the install again. Here's how it went:

[root at myserver RT-Extension-CommandByMail-2.01]# perl Makefile.PL
Using RT configuration from /opt/rt4/lib/RT.pm:
etc        => /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Extension-CommandByMail/etc
lib        => /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Extension-CommandByMail/lib
*** Module::AutoInstall version 1.16
*** Checking for Perl dependencies...
[Core Features]
- Test::More ...loaded. (1.001014)
- IPC::Open2 ...loaded. (1.04)
*** Module::AutoInstall configuration finished.
Open input
'/root/commandbymail/RT-Extension-CommandByMail-2.01/lib/RT/Extension/CommandByMail/
Test.pm.in' file for substitution
Open output
'/root/commandbymail/RT-Extension-CommandByMail-2.01/lib/RT/Extension/CommandByMail/Test.pm'
file for substitution
Writing Makefile for RT::Extension::CommandByMail
Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
[root at myserver   RT-Extension-CommandByMail-2.01]# make
Skip blib/lib/RT/Extension/CommandByMail.pm (unchanged)
Skip blib/lib/RT/Extension/CommandByMail/Test.pm.in (unchanged)
Skip blib/lib/RT/Interface/Email/Action/CommandByMail.pm (unchanged)
Skip blib/lib/RT/Interface/Email/Filter/TakeAction.pm (unchanged)
Skip blib/lib/RT/Extension/CommandByMail/Test.pm (unchanged)
Manifying blib/man3/RT::Extension::CommandByMail.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/RT::Interface::Email::Action::CommandByMail.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/RT::Interface::Email::Filter::TakeAction.3pm
[root at myserver   RT-Extension-CommandByMail-2.01]# make install
Appending installation info to
/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Extension-CommandByMail
                                             /lib/perllocal.pod

I suspect the "Skip blib/lib/RT/Interface/Email/Action/CommandByMail.pm
(unchanged)" may not have worked had I not done that manual copy. However I
am unsure as to why it didn't copy over the in the first place. Never mind,
it's working and I managed to resolve my test ticket with an email message.