[rt-users] modifying SelfService

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Fri Nov 4 10:30:19 EDT 2016

I'd also add that you may want to not touch the files in the share
directory. You may have a reason for doing it this way that I missed in
your message, but generally, RT likes you to copy these files and then
modify the copies. This is called an "overlay".
https://rt-wiki.bestpractical.com/wiki/CustomizingWithOverlays

You'll want to copy any files you want to change into
[rt_home]/local/html/[original path]. Modify those files, clear your Mason
cache, restart your server, and your changes will take effect. The
advantage is not only that you have the original file, but that you can
revert to it simply by renaming or erasing your modified version.

To change share/html/Tickets/Elements/ShowPriority, for instance, you'd do:

cd /opt/rt4/local
mkdir html
cd html
mkdir Tickets
cd Tickets
mkdir Elements
cd Elements
cp /opt/rt4/share/html/Tickets/Elements/ShowPriority .

You now have a copy of ShowPriority that you can modify as much as you want.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com