[rt-users] N-Central with Request Tracker for Incident Response (RTIR)

Stephen Switzer steve at sbsroc.com
Sun Nov 6 16:02:46 EST 2016

For anyone who it may help:
    We use request tracker for ticketing and have had N-Central
installed for about a year. While N-Central can send an email to any
ticketing system, its much nicer to have full integration so we can see
the complete ticket information from N-Central, auto open and close are
available features, etc.

    I asked on another list a while back if anyone had an installation
of Help Desk Manager I could experiment with to simulate the API. I
finally succeeded on my own and have a working model by adding code to
the RT server which intercepts calls to
/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/rs/* and sends them to PHP code that
simulates the Help Desk Manager API. I chose PHP since I could code
faster and already wrote a REST API there before. N-Central thinks it's
talking to Help Desk Manager and happily integrates.

    I'm planning to open source the code when its more stable and
configurable. It should work for anything that supports HDM. Is there
anyone else in the list that could benefit from this integration? Anyone
else use an RMM that supports HDM, but prefer to use RTIR?

Sent from Nine <http://www.9folders.com/>