[rt-users] "Hidden" tickets suddenly appear

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Tue Nov 8 10:37:06 EST 2016

> You need to find out what is preventing the ticket from showing up in
> your query. One of your AND conditions may not be met so the ticket
> does not show up. Are you saving your Email that is creating the missed
> tickets? You could try submitting a similar Email to see if it has the
> same visibility problem. Also, do you have any customizations? Sometimes
> a change can have unusual ramifications down the line.

Another "hidden" ticket appeared last week (11/4) in the search results.
It is ~7 months old.

* Ticket has zero transactions
* Ticket is in 'new' status as expected. Never had a different
  state.
* Ticket is owned by 'Nobody in particular' (aka account name
  'Nobody') as expected for a ticket with no transactions. Never
  had a different owner.
* Ticket is in 'atcc-help' queue. Never had a different queue.
* All criteria above match the search query below fully:

    Queue = 'atcc-help'
    AND
       (
          Status = 'new'
          OR Status = 'open'
          OR Status = 'stalled'
       )
    AND (
           Owner = 'Nobody'
           OR Owner = 'jblaine at our.org'
        )

Yet it sat hidden for ~7 months, not showing in the search results,
and then popped into view Friday 11/4.

We do not have any homebrew customizations at all for *this* RT
instance.

We use RT::Extension::Nagios and RT::Extension:Assets.

I can't really picture how we could reproduce this failure scenario.

--
Jeff Blaine
kickflop.net